Creating a Windows / WebGL app to teach House construction stages from various Trades (Sheet metal, Electrical etc.): (Live Link)
Civil Engineering, Truss and Beam load simulation for construction stages, using Unity Game Engine : (Live Link)
Creating a prototype to showcase gas welding technique with proper torch/flame composition. (Live Link)
Creating a WebGL Unity App for Computation Genetics / Nucleic Acid Sequencing simulation. (Live Link)
Utilizing Unity 5 with WebGL to create simulations (teaching aids), including leading research for VR based educational simulations.
- Leading development with Unity engine to create Educational sims / serious games doing educational research work relevant to the same.
- Doing research work related to VR to help assess educational use cases for the institution in small and large-scale teaching environments.
- Taking ownership of features, frontend, end-user debugging/testing, innovation, technical and artistic optimizations on all Unity projects
- Meeting with Instructors or Subject Matter experts for creation of outline of project, identifying risks, pragmatic scope etc.
R&D: Computational simulation, Virtual Reality (VR), Oculus Rift, Material Design, Playcanvas, Raspberry Pi
Technology: Unity 5 Engine + WebGL (C#), Adobe Animate / Canvas (CreateJS) and CC Suite, HTML5/CSS, Python, Bootstrap, 3Ds Max, Cinema 4D, MeshLab
United Front Games, Little Big Planet Karting published by SQUARE ENIX | AAA Title on SONY PlayStation 3
Upgrading and maintenance of Studio wide pipeline tools for 3Ds Max using C#, creating basic Shaders for ingame objects using HLSL. Designed tool to search missing and duplicate textures/maps from directories within 3ds Max with modal dialogue for on spot ambiguity decisions.
Technology: Visual Studio 2010 – C#, 3Ds Max’11, HLSL, In-house game engine, PS3 Dev Kit
||April – June 2012
Catstatic Interactive | 3D visualization project
- Authoring scripts which are backward compatible with Ipad/Iphone hardware allowing Virtual perspective & experience to the user for unbuilt architectural landscape projects in a 3D Game Engine, Unity.
- Developing tools, custom camera scripts, Lighting setup and debugging lightmapping, gameplay optimization in Unity3D + Monodevelop.
- Creating/upgrading motion based camera movement for Ipad (Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Touch).
Technology: MonoDevelop – C#, Unity3D
Utherverse Digital Inc.
[Project Visuals, after description/experience Summary]
Development of a social virtual 3D browser using the Unity3d Game engine.
- Created Avatar customization and World Editing (UI + Gameplay) feature, a primary revenue generator for the product, with re-iteration based on end-user feedback (part demo, visible here: link).
- Saved time and effort of artists, by authoring Unity Editor Tool which search’s broken/missing and duplicate assets in directories across projects/network drives and fixes them automatically while obeying file-naming conventions.
- Prototyped new/experimental features collaborating with Project lead, Art Director, Game and UI Designer, 3d Artists, writing documentation and patch notes, and working with QA team fixing bugs, making debugging tools, doing weekly triages and working late when situation demands.
- Shader programming, maintaining/authoring Unity’s surface shader’s (Hair, Skin, Environment and Clothing shaders), R&D for Unity’s graphics pipeline for PBR based shaders. Assisted artist in moving from Unity version 4 to 5 smoothly, identifying problem areas and documenting them for future reference.
- Lighting scenes (Linear/Deferred rendering), fixing level optimization issues based on content and resource quota generated from end user’s hardware (system memory and CPU).
- Optimizing file-size/assets for dynamic content loading from servers, using best practices and technical recommendations.
- Saved company time and money by writing a Maya Python-script to automate/batch through 3d Assets @500 assets/min-CPU time instead of 15 assets/hour/artist. The tool checked for correctness, validity and separately exported LOD’s to OBJ.
- Analyze communication problems between art and engineering team and reduce them, communicate effectively in both written and verbal manner to relevant Leads and Project Managers and colleagues.
Client available here: http://www.thevww.com/
Visuals of work:
Making, UI for the primary revenue generator on the product, the Clothing Customizer, Body/Avatar Customizer.
Debugging and visual bug tracking:
Debugging Shader performance bottlenecks.
Debugging, Reflection probe over-lapping problems.
Debugging Unity 4 tree shaders in Unity 5
Light-baking, Scene Optimizations
Lightbaking and Scene Optimizations for “Transport” which is a streaming level. Baking in Linear space, Deferred Rendering
Unity 5 Generated dual Lightmap, Deferred Rendering, Linear space
Skin Rendering, R&D, with alpha based occlusion for clothes, which are on top of the skin.