Leading development and research with Unity game engine to create Interactive content like Educational sims / serious games.
Project visual + Browser Playable Links:
Creating a Windows / WebGL app to teach House construction stages from various Trades (Sheet metal, Electrical etc.): (Live Link)
Civil Engineering, Truss and Beam load simulation for construction stages, using Unity Game Engine : (Live Link)
Creating a WebGL app to teach Boiler Cross-section. (Boiler Maker Trade) [ Link ]
Creating a WebGL app to teach basic Math10C (surface area of compound objects) academic upgrading [ Link ]
Creating a WebGL Unity App for Computation Genetics / Nucleic Acid Sequencing simulation. (Live Link)
Creating a prototype to showcase gas welding technique with proper torch/flame composition. (Live Link)
Leadership/Product Management tasks:
- Leading development and research with Unity game engine to create Interactive content like Educational sims / serious games.
- Engages in research, monitoring, and analysis of production and educational trends related to Gamification, 3D modeling/animation and dynamic/interactive digital media.
- Exhibit high degree of Creative problem solving to convey difficult concepts in education like STEM and Trades.
- Meeting with Instructors or Subject Matter experts (SME) for consulting/advisory, outline of project, deadlines, identifying risks, pragmatic scope, oral and written communication, doing pedagogical research, communicating technology to non-technical audiences.
- Offer expertise in technology, tools & techniques, computer hardware used in education, while also solving product delivery issues.
- Analysis of early adoption of technology (CHASM) using Verbal and written feedback, UX metrics like HEART Framework.
- Analysis of client (SME/Instructor) needs via information gathering and converting them to functional needs of the product.
- Identification of educational product creation opportunities within the institute to expand the product base.
Technical/Functional role, Development (Apps are Products for Clients who are Instructors and Departments of the Institute):
- Creating a Windows / WebGL app to teach House construction stages for various Trades (Sheet metal, Electrical Code – AEC ) (Link)
- Creating a WebGL app to teach Boiler Cross-section. [ Link ]
- Creating a WebGL app to teach basic Math10C (surface area of compound objects) academic upgrading[ Link ]
- Creating a WebGL Unity App for Civil/architectural engineers and workers to highlight Truss/Beam loads in construction. (Link)
- Creating a WebGL Unity App for Computation Genetics / Nucleic Acid Sequencing simulation. (Link)
- Creating a Windows App for simulating walking on Iron beams on a construction site using VR (Oculus Rift) and Unity. (Video Link)
- Creating interactive content in Adobe Animate/Flash CC, which is HTML5 / Canvas (example: Phoropter: Link)
- Creating a prototype to showcase gas welding technique with proper torch/flame composition. (Link)
- Creating an asset migration plan from Canto Cumulus to Alma Library System (and other Cloud based archival solutions).
- Optimization in art (Shaders, PBR materials, Draw-calls, Profiler) and code, creating photorealistic renders and Animations. (Link)
- Creating 3D models from Schematics and blueprints (Engineering drawings) which are visually accurate.
- Taking ownership of features, frontend, end-user debugging/testing, AI behavior (pathfinding).
- Making sure all projects conform to a project plan, iteration cycle, timeline and quality standards set by NAIT Digital media team.
R&D: Gamification, eLearning, Instructional design, Flipped Classroom learning, High fidelity Simulation for education and authentic assessment, Virtual Reality (VR, Oculus Rift), Material Design UI, Raspberry Pi
Team Size (6): Lead Unity Developer (me), Frontend/Web developer, Graphic designer, Supervisor/project manager, Backend developer, Videographer.